Saturday, October 27, 2007

MUD RUN! Volkslauf 2007


style="margin: 0pt 0pt 10px 10px; float: right; cursor: pointer;" src="http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_tvBhHNGjt6s/RyOsd6u-45I/AAAAAAAAA6k/jIJoAfgtKtk/s320/IMG_4360.jpg" alt="" id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5126130430860256146" border="0" />






Mud, 10K, obstacle course, marines, LOVED it!

Something old:
my spectacular red Asics, even with the holes, I still love running in them

Something new: pink dri-fit running socks and black dri-fit running pants-- the socks were a great purchase, they really did take the water away from my feet. The pants were a bother, they will not return next year, I will sport SPANDEX!

Something borrowed:
the spot on my team was borrowed from my friend that had to work! I am so lucky.

Something blue: Just check out my shirt-- I'm easy to spot.
I can't help but post all these pictures. It was over-the-top!
Sometimes, I will be waiting for the students to finish something and I'll start thinking about running in mud-filled trenches and then I'll smile.


I LOVED this weekend.


The Dragons: Jarom, Wendy, Kathryn, Jeff!

The Jets: Jill, Erin, Bonnie, Esther
"When you're a Jet, you're a Jet all the way..."

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At November 2, 2007 at 9:49 AM , Blogger Jennifer Lyn Newell Standridge said...

I am soooo proud of you. I think it would be fun, but I am not a runner so I probably would not enjoy it as much as you seem to have had. Love you fer

 
At May 24, 2008 at 6:48 AM , Blogger Teresa said...

Loved reading this post and viewing your pictures! My son is a United States Marine (graduated from book in January 2008), and I've looked into doing this type of event even though it's so far removed from my mild-mannered personality and anything I've ever done before. Do you think a 44-year-old mom of 7 could hack it? What kind of training would I need to prepare? I think monkey bar training is definitely in order.

Great job, Jill! Way cool! Ooh Rah!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home